The City of Busselton is upgrading the existing Airport facilities in preparation for Regular Public Transport (RPT) air services to interstate destinations including Melbourne and Sydney and international destinations as far away as China.
The Development Project works include:
- lengthening, widening and strengthening of the exisiting runway to facilitate B737/A320 jet aircraft operations;
- 4 new aircraft parking aprons and connecting taxiways;
- a new terminal building and entry statement that embodies the character of the South West region;
- a new internal road network and parking facilities;
- infrastructure to support the development of freight and commercial opportunities;
- upgraded aeronautical ground lighting; and
- a new general aviation precinct.