The City of Busselton is upgrading the existing Airport facilities in preparation for Regular Public Transport (RPT) air services to interstate destinations including Melbourne and Sydney and international destinations as far away as China.
The Development Project works completed include:
- lengthening, widening and strengthening of the runway up to 2520m long x 45m wide to facilitate narrow and wide bodied Code 4C and E aircraft such as Boeing 737, Airbus 320 and Airbus 330;
- construction of four new apron parking bays and connecting taxiways with Code 4E capability;
- two helipads;
- new 422 bay car park;
- general aviation precinct comprising 2 Code B aprons capable of accommodating up to 34 fully serviced hangars;
- airfreight hub – Stage 1 of the Commercial and Industrial Precinct comprising up to 50 airside/landside lots;
- jet A1 fuel facility;
- connection to site wide services, including water, power, sewer, NBN;
Works remaining include a new terminal building capable of accommodating the expanded operations and services, with ability for future expansion.